We record the MacMost video podcast straight into a Mac Pro, skipping tape. The way to do this is to use a Firewire camcorder. But this is a dying breed as the hard drive and SD card camcorders take over. The pinnacle of the MiniDV/Firewire camcorder will likely be the Canon VIXIA HV40 HD HDV Camcorder. We picked up one of these for less than $700 and it works great with our Macs. It is full 1080 high def, directly into the Firewire port. A great camera for video podcasting or taping your kids soccer game.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Printable Keyboard Shortcuts
- Guide to Online Password Security
- Uninstalling Mac Apps
- How to Get Free iPhone Ringtones
- Extending iPhone Battery Life
- Make Your Own iPhone Ringtones
- Syncing Your iPod to More Than One Computer
- iMovie Picture-In-Picture
- QuickTime Player Screen Recording
- Shut Down or Sleep
- Do Macs Need Anti-Virus?
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.