MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

7/15/16
Is there anyway to change the body style font size en Notes for iOS? Thanks —– Ricardo ... (1 Comment)
7/14/16
this virus is taking over my google.com saying it is part of google when I know it is not! I want to find out how to clean my Safari of it?????My mac is running OS X El Capitan MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010) —– Sharlene ... (2 Comments)
7/14/16
Our TV provider, Norvado in northern WI, is not listed in Apple TV to activate a Apple tv app. They say I should contact Apple. Any idea how to start the process or should our provider set it up? —– Gary B ... (4 Comments)
7/12/16
I can’t find a way to block email. I’m getting them daily and have asked to be removed from the list, but still get them. —– Fran ... (1 Comment)
7/10/16
I use a Mac Mini 2012. I am most familiar with Windows where I have many third party firewall products I can use and use Firefox with Ghostery and other items that block all forms of tracking. I use DuckDuckGo search. I have good anti-malware products. And so on. Some, but ... (3 Comments)
7/10/16
I have set my camera to take photos @ 5-10 MB jpg. When they import into Photos the Info window usually reads the same and keeps them as jpgs. Yet, when I export them to my desktop they are almost always in the 2 MB jpg range. I understand that if I crop a photo significantly ... (2 Comments)
7/9/16
I am using the latest Mac OS, and I just want to know what is the best way to manage all my files in order to find it easily? —– Khaled Gadelrab ... (1 Comment)
7/9/16
I want to be able to enter a text box with another text box and it won’t let me go over the existing border of the first one. —– Bonnie ... (1 Comment)
7/9/16
When creating a two sided tri fold pamphlet in Pages 5.6 how can I flip the backer page so that it prints in the proper orientation when telling the printer to print it two sided? —– Dennis ... (3 Comments)
7/8/16
I’m trying to find a safe way to open a PDF, or attachment in Mac Mail as to avoid any malicious surprises. OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.4 on a mac mini (late 2014) Mail, version 9.3 —– J. Jones ... (3 Comments)
7/8/16
I have noticed since upgrading to El Capitan that G+ is no longer an option for sharing, everything else is there twitter Facebook etc? Is there a way to add it? —– John Phillips ... (1 Comment)
7/7/16
Is there a scanner that will scan ISBN barcode information directly into a simple Excel style database? I wish to catalogue my library. Nothing too complicated. I am 77! —– Rev Dave Playle ... (1 Comment)
7/7/16
We have one Apple ID but separate phone numbers. When she receives a call or text to her number, it appears in my recent calls and text. —– Sandy Gilbert ... (1 Comment)
7/5/16
My iMac version El Capitan 10.11.5 late 2012. How do I get rid of the guest user at the log in window. I have already checked in users/groups in system preferences. —– Bida Bock ... (3 Comments)
7/5/16
I have an iMac running OS 10.9.5 and calendar version 7.0. I would like to download my calendar to my Samsung Galaxy Prime Cell phone, model SM-G530T running Andriod version 5.1.1. I would like to use calendar app on the cell phone so that I can keep current with the ... (3 Comments)
7/3/16
If Steve Jobs would still be Alive, I’m sure he will be furious!!! Why has Apple decided to remove the Mail Merge feature from Pages & Numbers? Is there a way to use the mail merge function (with the latest version of pages)? Thank you!!! —– ILAN ... (11 Comments)
7/2/16
iMac 21.5″ Late 2012; OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.5; Adobe Flash Player 22.00.192 When I try to choose an app to open an mp4 video, the choices I am given don’t include Adobe Flash Player, which is what I need. When I search for an app of that name, I don’t ... (3 Comments)
6/30/16
My friend has a new MacBook air 2016 but her new version Pages doesn’t treat the text box orientation editing same as my old version of Pages. We need to edit the text box while it still is 180 degrees and imagine what it would look like upright?? When I edit my template, ... (3 Comments)
6/30/16
My wife and I have shared an iCloud account (mine) for years. Mainly so we can always sync contacts and calendars for three iPads, two iPhones, an iMac, and a MBP. She has her own iCloud account, but doesn’t use it. Question 1: How do I share/sync our contacts if I split ... (3 Comments)
6/28/16
I am giving away an older MBP (2011 15″) and want to preserve the mail I have accumulated. I would most likely just store this on an external HDD. Is there a straightforward way to accomplish this? Of course I want to delete the older mail as well, and any suggestions ... (2 Comments)