MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

6/27/16
I upgraded to Photos and now I cannot find a way to flag my photos. Has that feature been removed from the Photos application? —– Al ... (4 Comments)
6/25/16
In Safari I often need to enter an email address to get info emailed to me. I use three different email addresses: one for business, one for personal communication, and one when I expect to get junk or SPAM email. Is there a way to set up a shortcut in Safari for each email ... (4 Comments)
6/24/16
I keep getting an error message that my startup disk is almost full. I have deleted many of the files i had on my desktop and most of my other files I save in Dropbox. How do I see what is on my Startup disk and how do I delete files? Thanks —– Emma Hughes ... (3 Comments)
6/23/16
I just bought a copy of “My iPad” (8th Ed, 2016) where it refers me to Chapter 7 to learn how to copy photos from web pages, but that information is nowhere to be found. I’m new to iPad and have a 9.7″ Pro. Haven’t started loading it up with apps ... (1 Comment)
6/23/16
iMac 2009, El Capitan. I now have several external drives full of Time Machine backups. I need another one. I now see advertised backup services, e.g. Backblaze and feel I am not savvy enough to know which path is better. My data is usual home stuff – documents, photos, ... (3 Comments)
6/23/16
When I print from Notes on my iPhone, the type size is very large. How can I change the font and Type size before printing? —– Michael Weber ... (2 Comments)
6/23/16
I’m creating a medical questionaire on Numbers for Mac Column one is check boxes, column 2 is health conditions. Question is asked, Do you have ……….? If so click on check box. [ ] High Blood Pressure If this check box is checked, would like conditional ... (1 Comment)
6/23/16
Movies taken by iPhone vertically show black bars on the sides, want to insert a blurred background of the footage, in iMovie there are only the maps backgrounds, can I add blurred background from the footage itself —– Ashraf Kabesh ... (1 Comment)
6/19/16
I don’t like the default font for emails and I want to pick one that I like and make it the default font. I have El Capitan. —– Pam Gray ... (3 Comments)
6/16/16
I am trying to archive ALL my emails which I have saved onto my iMac, into various folders and sub-folders. How do I archive the whole lot into one file that I can backup and store, and if needed, load back into Mail in order to find an old email. My iMac is running on the latest ... (2 Comments)
6/16/16
I have a SMUGMUG Professional account (but I am just a Dad) and want to upload from PHOTOS into SMug galleries. A labor intensive workaround is put an empty folder on your desktop. Then: move files from photos to folder. Open gallery click upload, pull highlighted files from ... (2 Comments)
6/16/16
I created a Pages document with Track Changes turned on. The deletions were shown with a strike through line. I’ve reopened the document, and now the only way to view the deletions is in the View Changes Panel. How can I show them in the document? I need to circulate ... (2 Comments)
6/16/16
In iPhoto I can caption photos and the captions will show if I put the photo in a slide show. Can I do that in Photos? If yes, how? —– Barbara Hooper ... (4 Comments)
6/13/16
I save most of my received emails into designated folders. Most often when receiving a photo from someone I either view and then remove the attachment before saving or I add the photo to my own “Photos” and then remove the attachment while saving the email proper. ... (4 Comments)
6/12/16
I sometimes take multiple shots of one subject and it helps me choose if I see the photo number under the picture. I am not giving each one a title because I will only use one of them. how can I make the photo number visible? —– Marion Russek ... (2 Comments)
6/8/16
I will be getting a new iMac soon and would like it to have a Time Capsule set up for exclusive use. Presently, I use MBP and MBA and they are backed up to a Time Capsule, sharing the device. This original TC is connected to my internet source. I also use portable hard disc ... (3 Comments)
6/6/16
In Finder—>My MacBook Pro—>Users, I see a list of all the profiles for people who use this MBP. Besides “Guest” and my own profile, I have a profile for my wife, my daughter, and for my grandson. My daughter uses the machine from time to time; my grandson has used ... (2 Comments)
6/2/16
After I arrange photos in a particular order in an Album, I want to export them in the same order they are in, as in the Album. I want to export them to a folder in Finder as a list of .jpg files in the same order as in the Album. When I export them, they are in a different ... (2 Comments)
6/1/16
Often I use photos to document personal things, such as serial #, or take pictures of things before I take them apart as reference. I do not want these to be in my photo library. I have tried “hiding” the photos, but they still show in the camera roll, which still ... (6 Comments)
5/31/16
This is my sheet: The first column contains DATES with varying number of days between them. My next column contains ordinary VALUES. – What I would like to have is a chart – columns or lines – showing the values and distributed according to the number of days ... (1 Comment)