If you connect to wi-fi network somewhere and wish to disconnect then you may be used to just turning off wi-fi on your Mac to do it. Then you need to remember to turn it on again after changing locations. Instead, hold the Option key down and click the wi-fi icon in the menu bar and look for the “Disconnect From” option under the current wi-fi network. This leaves wi-fi on so you’ll connect to your regular networks automatically later on. It also allows you to keep using location services even if you are not connected to a specific wi-fi network.
Welcome to MacMost
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Printable Keyboard Shortcuts
- Guide to Online Password Security
- Uninstalling Mac Apps
- How to Get Free iPhone Ringtones
- Extending iPhone Battery Life
- Make Your Own iPhone Ringtones
- Syncing Your iPod to More Than One Computer
- iMovie Picture-In-Picture
- QuickTime Player Screen Recording
- Shut Down or Sleep
- Do Macs Need Anti-Virus?
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.