If you have a file or folder with a number in the name, like “Image 1.jpg” or “Images 1” you can duplicate it in the Finder and the new copy will automatically increment the number. Instead of using Command+D, drag and drop into the same folder with the Option key held down. The copy will be named “Image 2.jpg” or “Images 2” and so on. So if you create a folder named “Accounts 2008” and then drag and drop with the option key five times, you will get folders for the years 2009 through 2013.
Welcome to MacMost
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Printable Keyboard Shortcuts
- Guide to Online Password Security
- Uninstalling Mac Apps
- How to Get Free iPhone Ringtones
- Extending iPhone Battery Life
- Make Your Own iPhone Ringtones
- Syncing Your iPod to More Than One Computer
- iMovie Picture-In-Picture
- QuickTime Player Screen Recording
- Shut Down or Sleep
- Do Macs Need Anti-Virus?
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.