You can easily sort files in Finder List view by clicking on the column headings. But it doesn’t appear that you can do this in Column view. However, you can if you hold the Option key down, then choose View, Sort By. The Sort By menu choice appears in place of Arrange By only when the Option key is held down. Note the keyboard shortcuts shown in the menu if you want a faster way to do it.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Printable Keyboard Shortcuts
- Guide to Online Password Security
- Uninstalling Mac Apps
- How to Get Free iPhone Ringtones
- Extending iPhone Battery Life
- Make Your Own iPhone Ringtones
- Syncing Your iPod to More Than One Computer
- iMovie Picture-In-Picture
- QuickTime Player Screen Recording
- Shut Down or Sleep
- Do Macs Need Anti-Virus?
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.