MacMost Q&A Forum • View All Forum QuestionsAsk a Question

Delete History Item 31, Dec, 2000 From Safari?

This Safari bug occurs on my recent IMac using El Capitan as well as a four year old Macbook Pro which started with Snow Leopard. When I delete history the entry, 31, December 2000 will not delete. I have to shut down the iMac. It always comes back. I have called Applecare about the issue four or five times and they can remove it while I am calling but it always recurs. They referred me to a Senior Advisor the last time I called and he made some changes but to no avail. 31 December, 2000 came back a week later.
—–
Robert Maxwell

Comments: 3 Responses to “Delete History Item 31, Dec, 2000 From Safari?”

8 years ago

So if I understand you correctly, when you go to the History menu in Safari you see submenu for the date Dec 31, 2000. But there is, I presume, nothing listed under that date.
    Is that right?
    I can't think of what might cause that. I would consider leaving it alone if it isn't causing any problem, though. If there is nothing there then it shouldn't get in the way, right?

Robert Maxwell
    8 years ago

The sub-menu always has locations under it which I have visited. The least was three and the most was an entire screenful. It occurs on my iMac and Macbook Pro. One suggestion was to install Malwarebytes but it didn't help either Thanks.

8 years ago

Robert: This doesn't have anything to do with malware, so installing something like that wouldn't help. I'd have the Genius Bar take a firsthand look if it really bothers you.

Comments Closed.