MacMost Q&A Forum • View All Forum QuestionsAsk a Question

How Can I Use a Mac Mini 2014 With 2560×1080 Pixel Monitor?

I am going to buy a new Mac mini 2014 (2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 – $699), and a new 29″ LG Monitor (Class 21:9 UltraWide® Full HD IPS LED Monitor – 2560×1080 pixel).
We know that Mac Mini has 2 mini DisplayPort, and the LG monitor has DisplayPort connectivity.
But I am wondering how can I archive native resolution of the LG monitor. What cable should I use? Such as: mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adaptor, or mini DisplayPort to DVI/VGA Adaptor.
Mac mini has mini DisplayPort and the monitor has DisplayPort. But the Mac mini doesn’t not have a cable in the box (except the power cable), so I dont know what kind of cable or adaptor I should buy. It make me so confused, please help me.
Thank you very much.
—–
Khai Luong

Comments: 3 Responses to “How Can I Use a Mac Mini 2014 With 2560×1080 Pixel Monitor?”

8 years ago

You probably just need the obvious cable: mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort. The monitor may actually come with it. Many do. I have some cheap Dell screens that came with mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cables -- that's the standard way to do it since most computers would have mini DisplayPort, not the larger DisplayPort cable. So you may be good without buying anything extra. Worse case is you just have to buy that simple cable which probably costs just a few bucks as it isn't "converting" anything, it is just a cable.

Matthew Gilbride
    8 years ago

The Mac mini in question although can run higher resolution displays (up to 5k) will automatically run at the native display of your moniter.

Khai Luong
    8 years ago

Thank you for your quick and clear reply. Everything is clear for me now. Best wishes for you Gary and all Mac users.

Comments Closed.