MacMost Q&A Forum • View All Forum QuestionsAsk a Question

Installing MS Office for Mac 2011 Home & Business

I have the opportunity to purchase Office for Mac 2011 Home and Business for the price of $22.95 download and backup disk. This is through my wife’s employer. I am wondering if anyone can tell me if I can install it without Outlook. I really have no use for Outlook and don’t care for it, also I feel I would leave my computer more vulnerable to virus attacks. The price is right and I am familiar with Word and Excel and would have the compatability I need with my none Mac associates
—–
Tom

Comments: One Response to “Installing MS Office for Mac 2011 Home & Business”

13 years ago

I'm pretty sure that you do have the option to select or deselect any of the Office applications during the install. Even if you don't, you can just delete it after the install.
    Even if you don't delete it, you can just not use it.
    As far as I know there are no vulnerabilities associated with Outlook for Mac. It is just an email client. It shows email messages just like Apple Mail does. If there were any threats, I don't think it would matter which email client you use. The threat would still come through -- though there aren't any threats like that right now at all.

Comments Closed.