If you’ve got an old vinyl record collection and want to transfer some of the music to your iTunes collection, then a USB turntable might be in order. I tried and liked the Ion Profile. It is inexpensive at less than $100 and the quality is decent. Forget the software that comes with it as it is not Mac compatible. But it showed up as an audio input device without a problem so you can use Audacity or GarageBand to record from it and slice your own tracks from the results.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Printable Keyboard Shortcuts
- Guide to Online Password Security
- Uninstalling Mac Apps
- How to Get Free iPhone Ringtones
- Extending iPhone Battery Life
- Make Your Own iPhone Ringtones
- Syncing Your iPod to More Than One Computer
- iMovie Picture-In-Picture
- QuickTime Player Screen Recording
- Shut Down or Sleep
- Do Macs Need Anti-Virus?
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.