The Eject button located at the top right of most Apple keyboards can be used as a shortcut for restarting, sleeping or shutting down. Option+Command+Eject will put your Mac to sleep. Ctrl+Command+Eject will try to restart your Mac, providing no running applications are in the way. Ctrl+Option+Command+Eject will attempt a shut down. In addition, you can simply press Ctrl+Eject to bring up a dialog where you can choose Restart, Sleep and Shut Down. In addition, Shift+Ctrl+Eject will attempt to out your display to sleep, instantly.
Welcome to MacMost
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Printable Keyboard Shortcuts
- Guide to Online Password Security
- Uninstalling Mac Apps
- How to Get Free iPhone Ringtones
- Extending iPhone Battery Life
- Make Your Own iPhone Ringtones
- Syncing Your iPod to More Than One Computer
- iMovie Picture-In-Picture
- QuickTime Player Screen Recording
- Shut Down or Sleep
- Do Macs Need Anti-Virus?
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.