When using Preview to edit an image, it can sometimes be useful to select from a center point rather then from upper left to lower right. Hold down the Option key and click and drag. This is useful for copying or cropping from the center of a face or object. Hold down the Shift key at the same time and you get a perfectly square selection, make it quick and easy to select a face for use as a social media profile picture.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Printable Keyboard Shortcuts
- Guide to Online Password Security
- Uninstalling Mac Apps
- How to Get Free iPhone Ringtones
- Extending iPhone Battery Life
- Make Your Own iPhone Ringtones
- Syncing Your iPod to More Than One Computer
- iMovie Picture-In-Picture
- QuickTime Player Screen Recording
- Shut Down or Sleep
- Do Macs Need Anti-Virus?
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.