If you use Screen Sharing or something else that requires that you can rely on a local machine’s IP address, you can tell your Airport basestation to assign a static IP address to a certain computer based on its MAC address. Run the Airport Utility program and look under Internet, then DHCP settings. There is a section called DHCP Reservations. You can tell your basestation to always give a specific local IP address to a specific device.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Printable Keyboard Shortcuts
- Guide to Online Password Security
- Uninstalling Mac Apps
- How to Get Free iPhone Ringtones
- Extending iPhone Battery Life
- Make Your Own iPhone Ringtones
- Syncing Your iPod to More Than One Computer
- iMovie Picture-In-Picture
- QuickTime Player Screen Recording
- Shut Down or Sleep
- Do Macs Need Anti-Virus?
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.