If you ever get a disk or disk image that will not unmount, you can force it with a Terminal command. Run Terminal and use “df” to list the drives. Find the one you want to unmount, such as /dev/disk3s2. Then use “diskutil unmountDisk force /dev/disk3s2” to force it to unmount.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Printable Keyboard Shortcuts
- Guide to Online Password Security
- Uninstalling Mac Apps
- How to Get Free iPhone Ringtones
- Extending iPhone Battery Life
- Make Your Own iPhone Ringtones
- Syncing Your iPod to More Than One Computer
- iMovie Picture-In-Picture
- QuickTime Player Screen Recording
- Shut Down or Sleep
- Do Macs Need Anti-Virus?
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.