You know that you can use Spotlight as an app launcher. Hit Command+Space to activate Spotlight, then start typing the name of the app, then press Return when the app appears. You can usually stop short of typing the whole app name, such as “tex” to get to TextEdit. But did you know you can also use initials? Try gb for GarageBand, as for App Store, qt or qp for QuickTime Player, fc for Final Cut Pro, ft for FaceTime, and so on. Even works for third-party apps, such as gc for Google Chrome.
Welcome to MacMost
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Printable Keyboard Shortcuts
- Guide to Online Password Security
- Uninstalling Mac Apps
- How to Get Free iPhone Ringtones
- Extending iPhone Battery Life
- Make Your Own iPhone Ringtones
- Syncing Your iPod to More Than One Computer
- iMovie Picture-In-Picture
- QuickTime Player Screen Recording
- Shut Down or Sleep
- Do Macs Need Anti-Virus?
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.