There are several ways to access menu bar items with the keyboard. Here is one you may not know about. Press Command+Shift+?. This gives you access to the menu bar’s help field. Then type part of the name of the command. For instance, in Safari you can type “New.” When the list of help items appears, the menu choice is usually the first one. Use the down arrow to get to it. Then Return to activate that menu item.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Relative and Absolute Cell References In Numbers
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Macmost Now 2: MacBook Mobile Access
- Creating a Guest Wi-Fi Network
- Restoring Lost Dock and Finder Items
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- iMovie Basics
- Removing Adware From Your Mac
- 10 Finder Tricks
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.