This is a step-by-step tutorial on how to add individual iPhone ringtones from the MacMost free iPhone Ringtones collection to your iPhone.
1. Go to http://macmost.com/iphoneringtones/ and select a collection from the list. Click on the collection.
2. A list of ringtones will appear. Each has a Preview link and a Download link. Click on the preview link to listen to that ringtone right in your browser. Use your browser’s back button to return to the list. Click on a Download link and that ringtone will download to your computer’s hard drive. If, instead of downloading, you load a new page with strange characters on it, then just use the Back button to return to the list and right+click or control+click on the Download link and select “Download Linked File.”
3. The download will begin and you will see the file appear in Safari’s Downloads window. If you do not see this window, choose Window, Downloads and it will appear. Click on the little magnifying glass next to the file and a Finder window will open up to reveal the file on your hard drive.
4. Once you have located the file on your drive, you are ready to move it to iTunes.
5. Open up iTunes and click on the Ringtones section of the library on the left sidebar. Then drag and drop the file from the Finder window into the main iTunes window to add it to iTunes.
6. You will now see the ringtone in your iTunes library in the Ringtones section.
7. Plug in your iPhone and select it in the left sidebar. Click on the Ringtones tab in the main area to see how you have set up iTunes to sync ringtones to your iPhone. Make sure it is set to sync all ringtones, or if you have chosen to sync only some ringtones, make sure the new ringtone is selected. Then press the large Sync button at the bottom right corner of iTunes to send the ringtone to your iPhone.
8. After your iPhone has be synced, go to the Settings app.
9. In the settings app, choose Sounds from the list.
10. Look for Ringtones among the Sounds settings.
11. New ringtones will appear in the Custom list before the Standard list. Select the new ringtone and it will become your default ringtone. You can also go into your Contacts app and set a custom ringtone for any contact that will override the default ringtone when that person calls you.