If you use Screen Sharing or something else that requires that you can rely on a local machine’s IP address, you can tell your Airport basestation to assign a static IP address to a certain computer based on its MAC address. Run the Airport Utility program and look under Internet, then DHCP settings. There is a section called DHCP Reservations. You can tell your basestation to always give a specific local IP address to a specific device.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Managing Apple Music iPhone Downloads
- A Beginner’s Guide to Mac Notes
- Photo Booth Green Screen
- Gifting iTunes Movies, Music and More
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Adding Custom Ringtones To Your iPhone
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- iMovie Cropping
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.