If your mail folders are getting a bit full with old email, you can quickly and easily archive messages into separate files. Select the mailbox folder from the left sidebar in Apple Mail and choose Mailbox, Archive Mailbox. This will create an mbox folder. You can then delete the mailbox folder from Mail. You can always use File, Import Mailboxes to bring the folder back into Mail. You can also open up the created mbox folder to reveal a “mbox” file which you can open in any text editor, even TextEdit, for a quick search of the messages. A good way to use this is to create a new folder, like “Archive 2008” and drag old messages to it. Then archive and delete that folder.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Using the iCloud Photo Library
- Viewing and Organizing Photos In the New Photos App
- Using Multiple Tables And Lookup In Numbers
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- iMovie Basics
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Removing Adware From Your Mac
- Using Text Columns In Pages
- Creating Transparent Images With Keynote
- Understanding MacBook Battery Cycle Count
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.