If your mail folders are getting a bit full with old email, you can quickly and easily archive messages into separate files. Select the mailbox folder from the left sidebar in Apple Mail and choose Mailbox, Archive Mailbox. This will create an mbox folder. You can then delete the mailbox folder from Mail. You can always use File, Import Mailboxes to bring the folder back into Mail. You can also open up the created mbox folder to reveal a “mbox” file which you can open in any text editor, even TextEdit, for a quick search of the messages. A good way to use this is to create a new folder, like “Archive 2008” and drag old messages to it. Then archive and delete that folder.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- How To Add Custom Text In iMovie
- How To Set Any Sound File As a Ringtone On Your iPhone
- Share a Name and Profile Picture or Animoji With Others in iOS 13 Messages
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Resizing and Positioning Green Screen Video In iMovie
Copyright © 2006-2020 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.