In addition to being able to mirror newer Macs to Apple TV with Mountain Lion, you can also choose to send only your Mac’s audio to Apple TV. Just select it as your sound output in System Preferences, Sound, Output. Or, option+click on the speaker icon in the menu bar and select the Apple TV. This works well if your Apple TV is plugged into a home theater system, and you don’t necessarily need to turn on the TV or projector to use audio.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- How To Add Custom Text In iMovie
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Share a Name and Profile Picture or Animoji With Others in iOS 13 Messages
- Resizing and Positioning Green Screen Video In iMovie
- How To Add Pop-Up Text In iMovie
Copyright © 2006-2020 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.