In addition to being able to mirror newer Macs to Apple TV with Mountain Lion, you can also choose to send only your Mac’s audio to Apple TV. Just select it as your sound output in System Preferences, Sound, Output. Or, option+click on the speaker icon in the menu bar and select the Apple TV. This works well if your Apple TV is plugged into a home theater system, and you don’t necessarily need to turn on the TV or projector to use audio.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Relative and Absolute Cell References In Numbers
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Macmost Now 2: MacBook Mobile Access
- Creating a Guest Wi-Fi Network
- Restoring Lost Dock and Finder Items
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- iMovie Basics
- Removing Adware From Your Mac
- 10 Finder Tricks
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.