One of the strangest and marginally useful text editing tips on the Mac is to use the F5 key (fn+F5 depending on your keyboard preferences) to autocomplete a word. “Autocomplete” is sort of a misnomer, as it brings up a list of words that all start with the same letters you have typed so far. So it doesn’t really help your typing speed much, but it will help you spell words. And if, by chance, the letters you have typed can only match one word, it will, in fact, autocomplete.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Printable Keyboard Shortcuts
- Guide to Online Password Security
- Uninstalling Mac Apps
- How to Get Free iPhone Ringtones
- Extending iPhone Battery Life
- Make Your Own iPhone Ringtones
- Syncing Your iPod to More Than One Computer
- iMovie Picture-In-Picture
- QuickTime Player Screen Recording
- Shut Down or Sleep
- Do Macs Need Anti-Virus?
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.