If you have a folder of files that you think you may not need anymore, but don’t want to delete just in case, then why not compress them into a single file? You can do this very easily by just selecting the folder, Right+Click or Ctrl+Click it, then select Compress. This will create a single .zip file from the folder and all of its contents. You can then throw away the original. You can always double-click on the .zip file to expand it again and get to the files inside. A single compressed file is not only easier to handle, but can save a significant amount of disk space.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Online Courses at Udemy
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Free iPhone Ringtones Revisited
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- How To Delete Safari Bookmarks
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Moving Graphic Pointers In iMovie
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.