When you drag file and folder icons on the Desktop, or in any Finder window where you are using icon view, they will snap to a grid if you have Snap To Grid turned on in View Options (Finder, View, Show View Options). But if you don’t use the grid normally, you can use it for just one drag by holding down the Command key and dragging. When you release the icons selected will snap to the nearest grid spot.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Online Courses at Udemy
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Free iPhone Ringtones Revisited
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Use iCloud.com On an iPad or iPhone
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.