When you drag file and folder icons on the Desktop, or in any Finder window where you are using icon view, they will snap to a grid if you have Snap To Grid turned on in View Options (Finder, View, Show View Options). But if you don’t use the grid normally, you can use it for just one drag by holding down the Command key and dragging. When you release the icons selected will snap to the nearest grid spot.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly NewsletterWant all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
All MacMost Shorts...
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
- Mac Basics
- The Practical Guide To Mac Security
- Videos by Category
- Video Archive
- MacMost Online Courses
- Virus and Malware Information Center
- Protect Yourself From Online Scams
- A Graphical Guide To iCloud
- Free iPhone Ringtones
- Recommended Products
- Printable Mac Keyboard Shortcuts PDF
- macOS System Requirements List
- The Practical Guide To Mac Security: Part 5, Security Questions
- Different Ways To Access Files On Your Mac Desktop
- Look Out For These Online Payment System Scams
- Viewing by Groups in the Mac Finder
- Hidden Mac Easter Eggs (2023)
- Understanding Numbers Column References
- Accessing Document History on Your Mac
- Techniques for Creating Letterhead Templates in Mac Pages
Copyright © 2006-2023 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.