When you drag file and folder icons on the Desktop, or in any Finder window where you are using icon view, they will snap to a grid if you have Snap To Grid turned on in View Options (Finder, View, Show View Options). But if you don’t use the grid normally, you can use it for just one drag by holding down the Command key and dragging. When you release the icons selected will snap to the nearest grid spot.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Relative and Absolute Cell References In Numbers
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Macmost Now 2: MacBook Mobile Access
- Creating a Guest Wi-Fi Network
- Restoring Lost Dock and Finder Items
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- iMovie Basics
- Removing Adware From Your Mac
- 10 Finder Tricks
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.