When you drag file and folder icons on the Desktop, or in any Finder window where you are using icon view, they will snap to a grid if you have Snap To Grid turned on in View Options (Finder, View, Show View Options). But if you don’t use the grid normally, you can use it for just one drag by holding down the Command key and dragging. When you release the icons selected will snap to the nearest grid spot.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- How To Set Any Sound File As a Ringtone On Your iPhone
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- Frequently Asked Questions About AppleCare
- How To Login To Your Mac If Your Keyboard Isn't Working
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- How To Add Custom Text In iMovie
- Run Personal Automation Shortcuts Automatically In iOS 14
- How To Edit and Export Vertical Video In iMovie On a Mac
Copyright © 2006-2021 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.