You can copy and move files using drag and drop in the Finder, of course. But you can also use standard copy and paste keyboard commands to do it. Select a file in the Finder and use Command+C. Then go to another folder and use Command+V to place a copy of that file there. Use Command+Option+V and it will move the file instead.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Printable Keyboard Shortcuts
- Guide to Online Password Security
- Uninstalling Mac Apps
- How to Get Free iPhone Ringtones
- Extending iPhone Battery Life
- Make Your Own iPhone Ringtones
- Syncing Your iPod to More Than One Computer
- iMovie Picture-In-Picture
- QuickTime Player Screen Recording
- Shut Down or Sleep
- Do Macs Need Anti-Virus?
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.