New in Lion is the ability to set a custom desktop color without having to first create a solid color graphic image. If you go to System Preferences, Desktop & Screen Saver, Desktop you can choose Solid Colors from the list on the left, under the Apple category. There you will see a few sample colors. But you also have the Custom Color button at the lower right. Click that to choose any color from the color picker.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Arranging Apps on Your iPad or iPhone
- A Beginner’s Guide to Mac Modifier Keys
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Relative and Absolute Cell References In Numbers
- 10 Finder Tricks
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- Adjusting Text Kern, Ligatures and Baseline
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Adding Custom Ringtones To Your iPhone
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.