In El Capitan you can double-click a window’s title bar to zoom. This means it will expand the window to its maximum size, or back to its original size the second time. But you can change this functionality so double-clicking a window’s title bar will minimize instead, shrinking down into the Dock. Just go to System Preferences, Dock, and set the “Double-click a window’s title bar to” option to which one you want. Or, uncheck that option and double-clicking a window’s title bar will do nothing.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Using Memoji Stickers And a Hidden Trick To Make Your Own
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Slow Down a Portion of a Track In Garageband
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Sync Your iPhone, iPad or iPod Without iTunes In Catalina
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.