If you search for a file using he Spotlight Menu at the top right corner of your Mac’s screen, you can drag and drop files directly from the resulting list. A drag will result in a copy of the item instead of simply moving the file to a new location. But it does save you the extra step of having to open the enclosing folder and copying from there. If you want to do that, you can Command+Click on the item in the search results to open the folder.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Online Courses at Udemy
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- How To Delete Safari Bookmarks
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Use iCloud.com On an iPad or iPhone
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.