With Mavericks, the Power button on your MacBook keyboard gains a new function. Like before, you can hold it down for three seconds to get the option to shut down, sleep or restart. But if you hold it for only one second and then release, it will quickly put your screen to sleep. This way you can save battery if you don’t need to use your MacBook for a few minutes but know you’ll return to it shortly and don’t want to put it fully asleep. You can wake up the screen by tapping the spacebar.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Online Courses at Udemy
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- How To Delete Safari Bookmarks
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Use iCloud.com On an iPad or iPhone
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.