With Mavericks, the Power button on your MacBook keyboard gains a new function. Like before, you can hold it down for three seconds to get the option to shut down, sleep or restart. But if you hold it for only one second and then release, it will quickly put your screen to sleep. This way you can save battery if you don’t need to use your MacBook for a few minutes but know you’ll return to it shortly and don’t want to put it fully asleep. You can wake up the screen by tapping the spacebar.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- iMovie Basics
- Compressing Video With MPEG Streamclip
- Using Multiple Tables And Lookup In Numbers
- Slow Down a Portion of a Track In Garageband
- Setting Up Multiple iOS Devices For Messages and FaceTime
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Safari Text Zoom
- Using Live Stock Prices in Numbers
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.