If you have a folder filled with files and want to have some of them stand out, set a label color for that file. Just Ctrl+Click on the file and look for the Label: item and the color chips under it. Select a color and that file will now stand out in your Finder list. Then, under Finder Preferences you can name each of the colors, changed Red to Important, Orange to Work and Yellow to Personal, for instance.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Relative and Absolute Cell References In Numbers
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Macmost Now 2: MacBook Mobile Access
- Creating a Guest Wi-Fi Network
- Restoring Lost Dock and Finder Items
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- iMovie Basics
- Removing Adware From Your Mac
- 10 Finder Tricks
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.