The MacMost.com Guide to Switching to the Mac is now in stock in local and online bookstores. You can purchase it today at Amazon.
MacMost.com founder Gary Rosenzweig quickly gets you comfy with your new Mac, demonstrates the “Mac way” to perform every common Windows task, and shows how to do more with Macs than you ever could in Windows… way more!
But the book isn’t just for switchers. It is for anyone who wants to get the most from their Mac. Even experienced Mac users will find useful tips, tricks and techniques.
It’s all here — everything from choosing the right Mac to creating your own videos and DVDs. Rosenzweig covers the latest Macs and the new Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard operating system. Best of all, he focuses on what today’s computer users need to know, including loads of coverage of using your Mac on the Web.
Every Mac switcher needs a friendly Mac expert to show them the ropes. With this book, you’ve got yours!
- Discover what’s different about your Mac’s hardware and software — and what’s similar, too
- Navigate the Finder and learn how Mac files are organized
- Make the most of the Mac’s built-in applications
- Move your stuff from your PC to your new Mac
- Use Safari, Mac’s great built-in Web browser
- Set up Mac email, instant messaging, and audio and video chatting
- Share, back up, and archive your files
- Choose and use Mac business and productivity applications
- Organize your music and buy new songs with iTunes
- Import, manage, edit, and share your photos
- Create awesome videos with iMovie, QuickTime, and iDVD
- Run Windows on your Mac, if you must
- Keep your Mac up to date and running smoothly
You can read more about the book and see a table of contents at http://macmost.com/book.