Forum Question: Cables required for migration assistant

My teacher is bringing her MacBook and iMac in and wants me to transfer everything over i am going to be using migration assistant what cables can I use for this transfer?

Comments: One Response to “Cables required for migration assistant”

    12/2/10 @ 9:27 am

    Firewire. Migration assistant works best when putting the old Mac into Firewire target mode, and then hooking it up to the new Mac. Then run Migration Assistant on the new Mac.
    But what Firewire cable depends on the two machines. The FW400 and FW800 connections are different. For instance, you may have FW800 on the new one, and FW400 on the old. So in that case you may need a FW400-FW800 cable. But you can’t tell until you know which port each one has.

Comments Closed.