MacMost Q&A Forum • View All Forum QuestionsAsk a Question

Export e-mail from Outlook for Mac 2011

I installed Office for Mac 2011 and moved all my e-mail & contacts to Outlook, then found out it does not sync with IPhone or Ipad.
I then found out you can not export from Outlook 2011 to Mail.
Please can you give me a easy way to export from Outlook 2011 to Mail
—–
Richard Alessandri

Comments: 4 Responses to “Export e-mail from Outlook for Mac 2011”

13 years ago

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you on this one as I don't use Outlook.
    I'd just look through each menu item and see what is available.
    Of course, it also depends on what you want to export. Contacts? Messages?
    Also, what type of mail server are you using? If you are using an IMAP or Exchange server, then there is probably no need to "export." The mail is on the server anyway.
    Another thing to consider is drag-and-drop. If you are talking about contacts or messages, what happens if you drag and drop them to a Finder window? Then drag and drop the results of that into Mail.

Seth Kardos
    13 years ago

I have been trying to figure this out. I am on lion beta and have email (12gb) in outlook 2011 and now want to export for Mac Mail. Nothing works!

Gareth
    13 years ago

I'm stuck in the same situation - I want out of Outlook! Mail under Lion seems a much better option. Any ideas? PLSPLSPLS???

13 years ago

What type of Mail do you have? If it is modern mail (IMAP or IMAP-like) then you don't need to do any exporting. Just set up the new account in Mail. With IMAP your email is on the server so set it up and let it sync with the server and you are set.
      If it is old-fashioned email (POP), then you should export your email and import it into Mail. But even that isn't required. You can always just start using Mail from this point on. Keep Outlook around to look at old messages if you can't figure out how to export.

Comments Closed.