MacMost Q&A Forum • View All Forum QuestionsAsk a Question

How Do I Connect Three Monitors To 2019 MacBook Pro?

What adapter can I use to connect three monitors to my 2019 MacBook Pro?

I have three monitors that I need to connect.

Device: Mac Running Catalina

App: Something Else
—–
Lucien

Comments: 7 Responses to “How Do I Connect Three Monitors To 2019 MacBook Pro?”

4 years ago

You can just set a USB-C to Mini DisplayPort (or HDMI if you must) cable for each screen. So three cables and you've got it. But another way to go is to get something like a Dock. I don't know if there is one that works for 3 screens. I certainly see them for 2.

Another way to go is an eGPU. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208544

Julie Armstrong
    4 years ago

Can they also be daisy chained? Monitor to monitor to computer? Is there a potential problem doing it this way?

4 years ago

Julie: Technically, yes. But I I've never tried it. You'd need a screen with a 2 Thunderbolt ports that support daisy-chaining.

Mark Morris
    3 years ago

How about usb-c to a couple of old DVI monitors? Do I need 2 adapters or a dock?

3 years ago

Mark: If you have 2 ports free, then two Mini DisplayPort (USB-C version) to DVI will do it. Otherwise, you'll need to some sort of dock to connect 2 displays to 1. But if the screens are so old they only have DVI, then they are probably not UHD (retina) so you may want to consider saving the money you would spend on cables and adapters and getting new modern screens anyway.

Gwyn Pritchard
    3 years ago

Hi Gary. Following on to this, I see you have two vertical monitors. I have a 2020 Mac Mini M1 and would love vertical monitors like this. Which ones would you recommend? Hey thanks: Gwyn

3 years ago

Gwyn: These aren't special screens. They are regular screens that I have turned on the side. Get whatever screens you want and just either make sure their stands allow them to be rotated 90 degrees, or provide your own mounts to hold them at 90 degrees. Then in System Preferences, Displays, you can set the rotation to 0, 90, 180 or 270.

Comments Closed.