MacMost Q&A Forum • View All Forum QuestionsAsk a Question

Saving H264

Sorry if you’ve answered this before but I’ve been waiting for an answer and haven’t seen one.

I’ve used the ‘activity’ window to save videos in flash. But this doesn’t work with H264 format. Clicking on an H264 opens another window and the video just replays.

So how do you save H264?

Bruce

— Bruce

Comments: 4 Responses to “Saving H264”

14 years ago

Not sure what you are asking. Are you using a video editing program? Maybe you are talking about Safari, and saving videos from web pages?
    h264 isn't a video file type, it is a compression type. A video would be a Quicktime movie (.mov) or a Mpeg-4 (.mp4) or something else.
    So, what, exactly, are you clicking on? Are you right clicking on it to see any save options? Does the video you are playing have any download links or other ways to get the video?

Bruce
    14 years ago

Yes I'm talking about Safari and saving videos on webpages.

Yes I've right clicked and there are no save options.

However the SAME video in flash IS savable via the ' activity' window.

14 years ago

If there are no save options, then perhaps the video creator has decided to not allow it.

Dash06
    14 years ago

Hi Gary,
    I think what he is talking about is downloading videos from say youtube by clicking on the windows tab in safari and the on 'activities'. In the activities window you can se what file is the video file( the one thats counting up usually) and by clicking on it will save the video to your downloads folder. A cool way to be able to download videos when no download option and without other software etc

Comments Closed.