If you select multiple files in the Finder, using either the Shift or Command key as you click the files, you can get a special Multiple Item Info box to appear. After you have them selected, Go to File, Get Info but before you select it hold down the Control key. The menu item changes to Get Summary Info and the result is a single info box that combines data, like the total file size. The keyboard shortcut is Control+Command+I. If the files use the same extension, you can also see and change the Open With information for all of them at once.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- iMovie Basics
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Restoring Lost Dock and Finder Items
- Macmost Now 2: MacBook Mobile Access
- Using Filters In Numbers
- Using a Microphone With Your Mac
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Cutting Out Part Of an Image With Preview
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.