With iOS 8, you can talk to Siri without pressing the Home button at all. Turn this on by going to Settings, General, Siri and switching on “Hey Siri.” Now you can simply speak things aloud starting with the words “Hey Siri.” For instance, you could say “Hey Siri, tell me a joke.” and Siri will respond. You never have to touch your device. The catch is that you need to have your device plugged in, presumably because this feature would drain the battery pretty quickly.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- How To Set Any Sound File As a Ringtone On Your iPhone
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Run Personal Automation Shortcuts Automatically In iOS 14
- How To Add Custom Text In iMovie
- 4 Ways To Type Superscript and Subscript On a Mac
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Share a Name and Profile Picture or Animoji With Others in iOS 13 Messages
Copyright © 2006-2021 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.