Rather use Photoshop to edit your iPhoto images? You can set an external editor by going to iPhoto, Preferences, General and then changing the setting for “Edit photo.” Then when you click on the Edit button in iPhoto, your application will launch and you can make changes to the photo. Save and close and you’ll find those changes back in iPhoto. You can even choose Photos, Revert to Original just as you could with plain iPhoto editing. Since applications like Photoshop actually allow you to make changes to the photo, not just adjustments, this can be a lot more powerful than editing in iPhoto. ANd it is a lot easier than exporting the photo, opening it up in Photoshop, making changes, and then brining it back into iPhoto or storing it elsewhere.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Online Courses at Udemy
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- How To Delete Safari Bookmarks
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Use iCloud.com On an iPad or iPhone
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.