Want to know what the official name of your Mac is? In Lion, go to the Apple menu and choose About This Mac. Then click on More Info. This launches System Information. With the overview tab selected, the name of your Mac is at the top. Examples: “Mac Pro, Early 2008,” “MacBook Air, 11-inch, Mid 2011” and “iMac, 21.5-inch, Mid 2011.” This name and date system can be used to identify your Mac when describing trouble, checking for compatibility, or reselling.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- How To Set Any Sound File As a Ringtone On Your iPhone
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- How To Add Custom Text In iMovie
- Run Personal Automation Shortcuts Automatically In iOS 14
- 4 Ways To Type Superscript and Subscript On a Mac
- Share a Name and Profile Picture or Animoji With Others in iOS 13 Messages
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
Copyright © 2006-2021 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.