The Mac Dictionary app in Sierra lets you open multiple windows and tabs. Use File, New Window or New Tab (Command+N, Command+T). This lets you look up a word and leave it on the screen while you look up another word. You can even use the dictionary in one window and the thesaurus in the other. If you Command+click on any word in a definition it shows it in a new tab. Command+Option+click shows it in a new window behind, and Command+Option+Shift+click shows it in a new window on top.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- How To Post Photos to Facebook From Your Mac
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- How To Delete Safari Bookmarks
- Use iCloud.com On an iPad or iPhone
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.