The Mac Dictionary app in Sierra lets you open multiple windows and tabs. Use File, New Window or New Tab (Command+N, Command+T). This lets you look up a word and leave it on the screen while you look up another word. You can even use the dictionary in one window and the thesaurus in the other. If you Command+click on any word in a definition it shows it in a new tab. Command+Option+click shows it in a new window behind, and Command+Option+Shift+click shows it in a new window on top.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- How To Set Any Sound File As a Ringtone On Your iPhone
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Run Personal Automation Shortcuts Automatically In iOS 14
- How To Add Custom Text In iMovie
- Share a Name and Profile Picture or Animoji With Others in iOS 13 Messages
- Resizing and Positioning Green Screen Video In iMovie
- 4 Ways To Type Superscript and Subscript On a Mac
Copyright © 2006-2020 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.