If Safari sometimes seems sluggish when you are typing in the address field, try turning off Safari Preferences, Preload top hit in the background. When you have this feature on, and you type the name of a website you have bookmarked or that is in your history, Safari will start to load the page even before you hit Return. For most people, this will speed up web browsing. But if you have a slow connection or often type similar searches looking for different results then it can be useful to turn it off.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Slow Down a Portion of a Track In Garageband
- A Beginner’s Guide to Renaming Files On Your Mac
- Cutting Out Part Of an Image With Preview
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Understanding MacBook Battery Cycle Count
- Using Reminders and Notes to Save Links
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Play Chess On Your Mac
- Use Split View With Two Safari Windows
Copyright © 2006-2018 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.