Need to send someone a map with some annotations on it? Start with the Apple Maps app on your Mac and position it to include everything you want. Then use Edit, Copy to grab a bitmap image just as you see it. In Preview, choose File, New from Clipboard to put this into a new Preview document. You can then use Preview’s annotation tool to add lines, circles, text, and so on. Use the Share button to attach it to an email. Strangely enough, if you try to paste into Mail instead of Preview, you just get a link to show those coordinates in the Maps app.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Slow Down a Portion of a Track In Garageband
- A Beginner’s Guide to Renaming Files On Your Mac
- Cutting Out Part Of an Image With Preview
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Understanding MacBook Battery Cycle Count
- Using Reminders and Notes to Save Links
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Play Chess On Your Mac
- Use Split View With Two Safari Windows
Copyright © 2006-2018 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.