If you are sick of having a document open with the wrong application, hopefully you already know that you can Ctrl+click or right click on a document and select “Open With.” In the pop-up that appears you can select “Other” and then choose an application, checking off “Always Open With.” Then the next time you double-click on the document, it will open in the proper application. But did you also know that you can Ctrl+click or right click on a document, go to the Open With submenu, and hold down the Option key before making a selection? Holding down Option will mark that application as the “Always Open With” application for that document.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- How To Post Photos to Facebook From Your Mac
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- How To Delete Safari Bookmarks
- Use iCloud.com On an iPad or iPhone
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.