You can lock your Mac with a quick menu choice or keyboard shortcut. Starting with High Sierra, if you choose the Apple menu you will see Lock Screen as an option. The keyboard shortcut is Control+Command+Q. This is handy if you need to step away from your desk at a moment’s notice.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- How To Post Photos to Facebook From Your Mac
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- How To Delete Safari Bookmarks
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- Use iCloud.com On an iPad or iPhone
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.