You can quickly and temporarily clear away all of the windows on your Mac and view your Desktop with either the F11 key, or Command+F3. But if you have toggled the function keys, you may need to use the FN key as well. Check in System Preferences, Keyboard, Keyboard Shortcuts, Mission Control and look for Show Desktop to make sure it is enabled. Then you use this function, you can even drag and drop items on the Desktop before using the same keys to return to the windows.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- How To Set Any Sound File As a Ringtone On Your iPhone
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Run Personal Automation Shortcuts Automatically In iOS 14
- How To Add Custom Text In iMovie
- 4 Ways To Type Superscript and Subscript On a Mac
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Share a Name and Profile Picture or Animoji With Others in iOS 13 Messages
Copyright © 2006-2021 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.