You can quickly and temporarily clear away all of the windows on your Mac and view your Desktop with either the F11 key, or Command+F3. But if you have toggled the function keys, you may need to use the FN key as well. Check in System Preferences, Keyboard, Keyboard Shortcuts, Mission Control and look for Show Desktop to make sure it is enabled. Then you use this function, you can even drag and drop items on the Desktop before using the same keys to return to the windows.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Using the iCloud Photo Library
- Viewing and Organizing Photos In the New Photos App
- Using Multiple Tables And Lookup In Numbers
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- iMovie Basics
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Removing Adware From Your Mac
- Using Text Columns In Pages
- Creating Transparent Images With Keynote
- Understanding MacBook Battery Cycle Count
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.