You can quickly and temporarily clear away all of the windows on your Mac and view your Desktop with either the F11 key, or Command+F3. But if you have toggled the function keys, you may need to use the FN key as well. Check in System Preferences, Keyboard, Keyboard Shortcuts, Mission Control and look for Show Desktop to make sure it is enabled. Then you use this function, you can even drag and drop items on the Desktop before using the same keys to return to the windows.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Arranging Apps on Your iPad or iPhone
- A Beginner’s Guide to Mac Modifier Keys
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Relative and Absolute Cell References In Numbers
- 10 Finder Tricks
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- Adjusting Text Kern, Ligatures and Baseline
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Adding Custom Ringtones To Your iPhone
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.