You can quickly and temporarily clear away all of the windows on your Mac and view your Desktop with either the F11 key, or Command+F3. But if you have toggled the function keys, you may need to use the FN key as well. Check in System Preferences, Keyboard, Keyboard Shortcuts, Mission Control and look for Show Desktop to make sure it is enabled. Then you use this function, you can even drag and drop items on the Desktop before using the same keys to return to the windows.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Online Courses at Udemy
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Moving Graphic Pointers In iMovie
- Simulating Pivot Tables In Numbers
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.