You can quit an app that is running, without bringing it to the front or switching to that Mission Control desktop. Use Command+Tab to bring up the application switcher. Continue to hold down the Command key and Tab through the list to the app you wish to quit. Then, while still holding Command, press Q to quit the app. You can continue to hold down the Command key and use Tab and Q to quit other apps. Use Shift+Tab to move backwards through the list.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Share a Name and Profile Picture or Animoji With Others in iOS 13 Messages
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Using Memoji Stickers And a Hidden Trick To Make Your Own
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Upgrading Older Macs To Earlier Versions Of macOS
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
Copyright © 2006-2020 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.