You can quit an app that is running, without bringing it to the front or switching to that Mission Control desktop. Use Command+Tab to bring up the application switcher. Continue to hold down the Command key and Tab through the list to the app you wish to quit. Then, while still holding Command, press Q to quit the app. You can continue to hold down the Command key and use Tab and Q to quit other apps. Use Shift+Tab to move backwards through the list.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- How To Set Any Sound File As a Ringtone On Your iPhone
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- Frequently Asked Questions About AppleCare
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- How To Login To Your Mac If Your Keyboard Isn't Working
- How To Add Custom Text In iMovie
- Run Personal Automation Shortcuts Automatically In iOS 14
- Using Personal Automations To Play a Wake-Up Song, Podcast Or Playlist
Copyright © 2006-2021 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.