So you probably know that you can use Command+Tab to switch apps. Continue to hold the Command key down and press Tab multiple times to move through the apps in the App Switcher. You can also quit an app from here by pressing Q. For instance, if you use Command+Tab and see Safari, Mail, iMovie, Preview and Calculator, the selection should start with the second one, Mail. Continue to hold Command and press Tab again to go to iMovie. Still with Command held down, press Q and iMovie will quit. You can continue to hold Command and use Tab and Q to move through the apps and quit some of them. Shift+Tab moves backwards.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Share a Name and Profile Picture or Animoji With Others in iOS 13 Messages
- Using Memoji Stickers And a Hidden Trick To Make Your Own
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Slow Down a Portion of a Track In Garageband
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Upgrading Older Macs To Earlier Versions Of macOS
Copyright © 2006-2020 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.