So you probably know that you can use Command+Tab to switch apps. Continue to hold the Command key down and press Tab multiple times to move through the apps in the App Switcher. You can also quit an app from here by pressing Q. For instance, if you use Command+Tab and see Safari, Mail, iMovie, Preview and Calculator, the selection should start with the second one, Mail. Continue to hold Command and press Tab again to go to iMovie. Still with Command held down, press Q and iMovie will quit. You can continue to hold Command and use Tab and Q to move through the apps and quit some of them. Shift+Tab moves backwards.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- How To Set Any Sound File As a Ringtone On Your iPhone
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- Customize Safari With These 10 Preferences
- How To Login To Your Mac If Your Keyboard Isn't Working
- Run Personal Automation Shortcuts Automatically In iOS 14
- Create an iPhone Shortcut To Show Your Vaccination Card
- The Practical Guide To Mac Security: Part 5, Security Questions
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
Copyright © 2006-2021 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.