Don’t you hate it when you go to a web site and get a mobile version of the site instead of the real thing? This is especially annoying on the iPad where there is plenty of screen space. With Safari in iOS 8, you can tell the site you want to view the desktop version by tapping once in the address field at the top. A list of favorites and frequently visited site icons appears. Tap and drag down in this list and two options appear at the top: Add to Favorites and Request Desktop Site. The latter will request the web page again, but this time telling the web site that it is an OS X version of Safari, not a mobile app.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Relative and Absolute Cell References In Numbers
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Macmost Now 2: MacBook Mobile Access
- Creating a Guest Wi-Fi Network
- Restoring Lost Dock and Finder Items
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- iMovie Basics
- Removing Adware From Your Mac
- 10 Finder Tricks
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.