Don’t you hate it when you go to a web site and get a mobile version of the site instead of the real thing? This is especially annoying on the iPad where there is plenty of screen space. With Safari in iOS 8, you can tell the site you want to view the desktop version by tapping once in the address field at the top. A list of favorites and frequently visited site icons appears. Tap and drag down in this list and two options appear at the top: Add to Favorites and Request Desktop Site. The latter will request the web page again, but this time telling the web site that it is an OS X version of Safari, not a mobile app.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Online Courses at Udemy
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- How To Delete Safari Bookmarks
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Use iCloud.com On an iPad or iPhone
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.