If you have been tinkering with the icons on your Dock on your Mac and other Dock settings and wish to start over with the default set of shortcuts, you can do so by typing two lines in the Terminal app. First type “defaults delete com.apple.dock” — that will clear your Dock preferences. Then type “killall Dock” — that will restart the Dock. Note that you need to capitalize the D for it to work as Terminal commands are case-sensitive.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- iMovie Basics
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Restoring Lost Dock and Finder Items
- Macmost Now 2: MacBook Mobile Access
- Using Filters In Numbers
- Using a Microphone With Your Mac
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Cutting Out Part Of an Image With Preview
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.