If you have been tinkering with the icons on your Dock on your Mac and other Dock settings and wish to start over with the default set of shortcuts, you can do so by typing two lines in the Terminal app. First type “defaults delete com.apple.dock” — that will clear your Dock preferences. Then type “killall Dock” — that will restart the Dock. Note that you need to capitalize the D for it to work as Terminal commands are case-sensitive.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Using Memoji Stickers And a Hidden Trick To Make Your Own
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Slow Down a Portion of a Track In Garageband
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Sync Your iPhone, iPad or iPod Without iTunes In Catalina
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.