If you have been tinkering with the icons on your Dock on your Mac and other Dock settings and wish to start over with the default set of shortcuts, you can do so by typing two lines in the Terminal app. First type “defaults delete com.apple.dock” — that will clear your Dock preferences. Then type “killall Dock” — that will restart the Dock. Note that you need to capitalize the D for it to work as Terminal commands are case-sensitive.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- How To Set Any Sound File As a Ringtone On Your iPhone
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- Customize Safari With These 10 Preferences
- How To Login To Your Mac If Your Keyboard Isn't Working
- Run Personal Automation Shortcuts Automatically In iOS 14
- Create an iPhone Shortcut To Show Your Vaccination Card
- The Practical Guide To Mac Security: Part 5, Security Questions
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
Copyright © 2006-2021 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.