If you have been tinkering with the icons on your Dock on your Mac and other Dock settings and wish to start over with the default set of shortcuts, you can do so by typing two lines in the Terminal app. First type “defaults delete com.apple.dock” — that will clear your Dock preferences. Then type “killall Dock” — that will restart the Dock. Note that you need to capitalize the D for it to work as Terminal commands are case-sensitive.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Slow Down a Portion of a Track In Garageband
- A Beginner’s Guide to Renaming Files On Your Mac
- Cutting Out Part Of an Image With Preview
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Understanding MacBook Battery Cycle Count
- Using Reminders and Notes to Save Links
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Play Chess On Your Mac
- Use Split View With Two Safari Windows
Copyright © 2006-2018 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.