The Eject button located at the top right of most Apple keyboards can be used as a shortcut for restarting, sleeping or shutting down. Option+Command+Eject will put your Mac to sleep. Ctrl+Command+Eject will try to restart your Mac, providing no running applications are in the way. Ctrl+Option+Command+Eject will attempt a shut down. In addition, you can simply press Ctrl+Eject to bring up a dialog where you can choose Restart, Sleep and Shut Down. In addition, Shift+Ctrl+Eject will attempt to out your display to sleep, instantly.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Managing Apple Music iPhone Downloads
- A Beginner’s Guide to Mac Notes
- Photo Booth Green Screen
- Gifting iTunes Movies, Music and More
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Adding Custom Ringtones To Your iPhone
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- iMovie Cropping
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.