If you use Command+Shift+5 and Capture Selected Portion, and have it set to save to a file, you’ll need to switch that to save to Clipboard if you want to copy the selected area to the clipboard. But you can also use Command+C after you select the area to save to clipboard without needing to switch the setting.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- How To Set Any Sound File As a Ringtone On Your iPhone
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Run Personal Automation Shortcuts Automatically In iOS 14
- How To Add Custom Text In iMovie
- Using Personal Automations To Play a Wake-Up Song, Podcast Or Playlist
- 4 Ways To Type Superscript and Subscript On a Mac
- How To Edit and Export Vertical Video In iMovie On a Mac
Copyright © 2006-2021 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.